Just a partial snapshot of my current workload.
- Lotusphere later this month.
Primary research focus this month:
- Architectural decision criteria on when to use XML syndication to support a technical position document currently being written.
- Unified communications and Microsoft to support a report currently being written.
Secondary research focus areas:
- Presence: Investigating some of the pending RFC documents, strategies of major vendors, presence data models, usage and application scenarios, impact of location services and mobility, federation, and the technology infrastructure needed for presence management.
- Tagging/Social Bookmarks: Reading some academic papers on: structured vs. unstructured tagging, collaborative tagging, tagging and information architecture, tag clustering, and so on.
- Social Networking: Keeping current on news and trends (reviewing the recent Pew report on social networks), and pondering the inter-relationship between social networks and communities (organizational influences, group dynamics, formal and informal roles, etc.).
- XML syndication: Spending some cycles on OPML and innovative ways that RSS and Atom might be used beyond the basic use case scenarios of today.
- Technical Position on XML Syndication
- Report on Microsoft Office Communications Server