The last update on my contextual research study was on September 2nd so I thought it might be a good time to provide an update.
- The call-for-participation has been received by 70 companies.
- A range of industry sectors are represented within that group of 70 including: financial services, retail/speciality/services, pharmaceutical, home improvement, legal, consumer products, insurance, manufacturing, travel, professional services, education, government, media, CPG, energy, telecommunications, and technology.
- As of today, 21 organizations have confirmed participation, 9 have expressed strong interest, 5 have declined, a few are wondering whether they are a “good fit” and the rest are routing the request around internally to find the right contact/decision maker or have not replied.
- Within the confirmed organizations, the financial services sector leads with 4 companies. There are four organizations represented within a combined retail/speciality/services category. Pharma and professional services are next with each sector represented by 3 organizations.
- The target study size is 20-25 organizations. I’m realistically waiting on about 9-12 organizations that have expressed strong interest or were recently invited to participate to keep with the original study size goal.
- I am not looking for additional participants at this time until the current queue of possible participants clears itself out
Over the next several weeks, things get just a little more hectic:
- Two interview sessions are scheduled for the week of 9/15 (phone) while I am working on 2-4 onsite interviews possibly next week as well that are reasonably local to me.
- Then it’s off to Oracle’s conference and Cisco’s analyst event the week of 9/22.
- Followed by a trip to Toronto the week of 9/29 for three onsite sessions.
- Followed by a trip to Atlanta the week of 10/6 for at least 2, no more than 4, onsite sessions.
- The week of 10/13 is open for telephone sessions and local onsite interviews. (I might actually be home… nahhhh)
- Then it’s off to Burton Group’s Catalyst event in Prague the week of 10/20.